How to apply
Businesses and organisations can now apply for the Dorset Growth and Resilience Fund.
Your application must demonstrate how the funding will support growth, innovation and business resilience within your business and the local economy.
There is limited ARG funding available. The fund is a competitive round and only the highest scoring applications will receive funding.
This phase will close on 7 December 2021.
All applications for this phase will be assessed after the application window has closed on 7 December. Applicants will be made aware of the outcome of their application in January 2022.
Funding and eligibility
Grant awards range from £5,000 to £50,000.
Your application needs to fit into one of 3 categories:
- creating and maintaining high quality jobs, increasing productivity and innovation
- business resilience for those still suffering from the longer-term impact of closures and allowing them to move forward and grow the business
- business support packages and helping the local economy
You will need to provide a budget breakdown of how the grant will be spent.
You will not be able to claim the grant if your business:
- has already received the Restart Grant from Dorset Council
- is based outside of the Dorset Council area
- has already exceeded the permitted subsidy control threshold
- is in administration, insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made
- was not trading as of 1 April 2021
Businesses are only eligible for a maximum of one grant. Where multiple businesses share directors and premises, only one grant application will be considered.
The grant cannot be used:
- in retrospect to cover costs already incurred prior to the award
- for the purchase and/or lease of motor vehicles
- for the purchase and/or lease of property or premises
- to clear debts
Tax in relation to the ARG
Any grant income your business receives is taxable. You must include the ARG as income on your tax return. You’ll only pay tax if your business makes an overall profit once grant income is included.
Contact us if you have any queries about this grant: